Canoeing, British Columbia, Canada
BC Canoe Trips
Canoeing in BC is a quintessential outdoor Canadian experience. Gliding almost soundlessly, you can explore thousands of lakes and rivers in BC by canoe, through old-growth forests. The wildlife is abundant: moose, bears, waterfowl and eagles will grant you some exclusive viewing.
Where to Canoe in BC
- Vancouver, Coast and Mountains: Conveniently close to Vancouver and Whistler.
- Northern British Columbia: Exccellent multi-day canoe trips in BC's remotest wilderness.
- Vancouver Island: Numerous lakes, rivers, and coves to explore.
- Kootenays and Rockies: Huge number of gorgeous BC lakes and rivers nestled within massive mountain ranges.
- Thompson-Okanagan: Home to Wells Gray Park, one of BC's top canoe destinations. Hot climate and warm lakes.
- Cariboo Chilcotin Coast: Bowron Lakes is the best-known canoe route in BC, as well as hundreds of pristine lakes with incredible BC fishing!
Canoe Trips in BC
From simple afternoon paddles to multi-day paddling expeditions, a BC canoe trip will exceed your expectations with incredible routes through provincial and national parks, lake chains and easy portages. Here are some great BC Canoe Trip destinations:
- Bowron Lakes in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast region
- Wells Gray Provincial Park in the Thompson Okanagan region
- Nation Lakes Canoe Circuit in Northern British Columbia
- Powell Forest Canoe Route on the Sunshine Coast in Vancouver, Coast and Mountain region
Guided Canoe Tours
© BC Paddling, LeadsLogic, 2010. All rights reserved.